Saturday, September 11, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge, Color Challenge

So this week at the Heart 2 Heart Challenge, we have a color challenge.
These colors really make me think of fall.  There's a problem though.  It's not Fall here.  It is 12 days into Spring.   So it took me most of the week to come up with something that I liked... and I LOVE how it turned out.

Thanks to inspiration from Tresa Black's bandana technique, I created my own background paper.  The cardstock started off as white daisy.  Using two stamps from the Summer Wishes set, I random stamped the cardstock.  I then carefully colored all the swirls on the flowers with a white pencil.  Using a sponge, I then rubbed Autumn Terracotta ink all over the page.  I had planned to add some white dots like Tresa does, but I actually loved how it looked without the dots.  I picked a pattern from Wishes called Simplicity.   I mounted my paper on some sanded New England Ivy cardstock and added another strip of it across the front.  I rubbed ink on a 2x2 square of colonial white cardstock.  I used candles from the Everyday Celebrations card kit and masked them.  I wanted the flames to be Honey and not NEI.  The word "wishes" is from the Summer Wishes set and "birthday" is from A Litte Everything.  I popped up the square with foam tape and added two old Autumn Terracotta spirals under it.  I am really happy with how it turned out!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Kate, even if it's not Fall there :) Great accents and wonderful technique to use the white pencil! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Heart 2 Heart challenges~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Kate! You did a great job! I gave you something but you have to go to my blog at iluv2cre84u.blogspot.com to get it! Hope you are loving Australia! Lucky you! It's one place I have always wanted to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love how you used the Bandana Technique. Thanks for playing along with H2H.

    ReplyDelete