Monday, April 19, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge, week 3

This week, we had to follow a sketch for the challenge. To see the sketch, look here:
http://heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.com/2010/04/lets-get-sketchy.html

Here is my project:


I am making a small 3 three binder for our neighbor's birthday. His 4th birthday is a little ways away, but I thought I would start early. I am using a Close To My Heart My Creations 3- ring binder, the Stardust paper pack, and Dimensional Elements Stars. The ribbon on the front is our White Daisy Grosgrain that I hand stitched with dark blue embroidery floss.



The large star was sponged with Topiary ink and then stamped with a background stamp and embossed with silver pearl embossing powder. The medium star was sponged with moonstruck ink and then I made the stitches with our new Stardust Glitz Glitter Glue. The small star was sponged with honey ink and then painted with Create-a-Shade pearl paint.



I liquid glassed the "Carl" which was stamped with our Cocktail alphabet.
Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the hand stitched ribbon! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, pretty! I love all the dimension!! And I love this paper pack. Thanks for playing at H2H ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used this for the binder cover! Stardust is a favorite paper pack and I love it with the new Stars DE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the stars!!! Thanks for playing along again this week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Love the stitching & the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cover! I love the stitching on the ribbon, great idea.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything about this is great! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to think out of the box and make this into a binder cover. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete